Exercising is probably one of the most boring thing, most people would say and that's how actually they compromise their health. Exercising not only helps make one physically better, but also nourishes his inner body, inner-self, helps bring the inner beauty out. If you're not doing exercise, you really missing the real you.
Well, need not to worry if you're still not into it, you can start any time, anywhere you want, you just need to have little will for it and to help you, I'm sharing Top 10 Health Apps for your Android smartphone, that might help you in reaching your goal.
1. Endomondo Pro:
The app is very best at doing what it claims; tracking your mostly each and every sport activity, wether it be normal running, brisk walking or cycling, app could track almost everything and that also very efficiently with proper graphs and ratios. It also has an inbuilt voice assistant, which will help you out and I'm damn sure, you'll like it the most.
The app also includes features like social syncing, sync your Facebook contacts, post on walls, race against your online friends' goals and break them and let others know how much calories you burnt, which sport did you play.
The app is also available in free version, but I'll the pro one to you, most probably because it has some more cool features the latter, which are:
- Interval programs: Choose from three programs or create your own and let the audio coach guide you
- Graphs: View graphs with your lap times, heart rate, speed and altitude throughout the workout
- Beat yourself: Set a previous workout as your goal and the audio coach will help you perform better this time
- Low power mode: Increase the battery standby time by using this feature for long workouts
- Time goal: Choose a duration for your workout and the audio coach will help you reach the time goal
- Calorie goal
2. Zombies, Run!:
I won't call it an "App", it's a game, a game, which could help you a lot in burning calories. The game goes like this, they'll be some zombie noises to freak you out, which will bring your inner runner out and help you in running, though I didn't find it much interesting, but yea it's cool for gamers. The game has been reviewed by many well known people, and quotes from them are:
- BBC NEWS - “The only way to save yourself is to run for real.”
- WIRED - “In the style of Runkeeper, with an exciting undead twist.”
- LIFEHACKER - “A really cool way to get outside and exercise.”
- CNN - “Turns exercise into a game - a terrifying, terrifying game.”
- NPR - "It gets you moving!"
- TIME.COM - "Takes all the fun of a zombie game and funnels it into a fitness app."
The app is small, but very good. Does properly, what it claims; weight manage. I could recommend it to anyone. What's the best thing about the app is, it works on very droid phone, may it be cheap Samsung Galaxy Y or high end Galaxy S3. *Note: Tested on Galaxy Y, Galaxy 3, Optimus L5. Here are some features of the app:
- - Easy data entry
- - Scrollable, zoomable chart
- - BMI
- - Weight goal
- - Time-to-goal estimate
- - Daily KCal estimate
- - Visualisation of your diet plan in the chart
- - Statistics
- - Share chart via email, mms, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- - Import/Export to Excel (.csv)
- - Synchronization with Withings (download only)
- - Withings real-time push notifications
- - Widget
4. Workout Trainer:
This is one of the best app available in the Android market to help you out in exercises with timed. With step-by-step video and voice instructions, option to edit workouts from past, join other workout communities, the app is worth to download. And the best thing is, it's free.
5. Instant Heart Rate:
The more you exercise, the more your heart pumps blood and the more it pumps, heart rate increase. Though exercising is good, but too much could be harmful and could result in much more severe problems so, it's must for you to know what's your heart rate is and this app is what it all does.
6. My Cycles:
This is not actually an app for helping you in exercises, but help you to know when your period is and if it's ok or not, I mean on time or not. If you are a girl, I know how hard it could be it for you to work out in periods, so grab this app girls.
PS: I'm a guy and thanks to my girlfriend for the share.
7. Sleep as Android:
For a healthy life, you must have a good sleep. Sleeping helps you in many ways, it does all the must important body functions at night, for example releasing Human Growth Hormone, repairing body cells. And you can now track all this. Thanks to the app!
8. White Noise:
What if you want sleep, but can't? There's some tension in your head. And if you won't sleep your health will be effected. Don't worry now this app is here to help you out. The app has 40 different types of ambient sounds to help you to relax or sleep. It's a must for insomniacs like me. Even I use this.
A simple yet, nice app from your favourite sport's brand; nike. The apps does simply works as an pedometer to help you count how much you walked or runned, with a report of assumed calories burned. The app has Facebook integration too so, that you can share your achievement with your online friends.
The app has helps you planning exercises and log with hundred of weight-lifting and cardio exercises, routine progress tracking with tools like stopwatch. I hope you will find these Android apps useful.